Out of 5 CRNA school in the State of Texas, DNP program is offered by the Texas Christian University.
Nursing Degree Program at Texas Christian University
- On a successful completion of 3 years, the program will lead to the award of Doctoral degree in Nursing Practice, read below for the exact tcu nursing tuition costs/fees for 2017 and for past years of 2016 and 2015.
- The classes for the new session begin in January every year.
- Texas Christian University application deadline is 1st July every year.
- On average, a class is based on 60 to 65 students depending on the number of applicants.
Tuition Costs at Texas Christian University
The tuition fee is calculated each year. In most schools every year, the rate of tuition fees are increased. The total cost could increase ranging between five to fifteen percent. The Texas Christian University graduate tuition fees are different for outside the state and inside the state. The tuition rates for 2015 and 2016 are given below:
Texas Christian University in State Tuition Fee
*Covers the cost including books, stationery, and application submission fees, and other charges.
Acceptance Rate at Texas Christian University
The acceptance rate at Texas University is 48.9 % as per the session of 2014.
Education and Training
CRNA program is designed according to the needs of modern medicine. CRNA Program is certified by Council On Accreditation of Nursing Anesthetist, and proper training is provided to the students with real exposure to professional experience. On completion of 3 years program, everyone has to go through the final exam set by the Council on Accreditation to be declared as a Certified Registered Nursing Anesthetist (CRNA).
During the 1st students have to go through the classes and students will also practice their skill in the specially designed human simulation laboratory. The students can also attend online classes at Texas Christian University. The online courses are based on the subjects of chemistry, physiology, anatomy, pharmacology, research work and pathophysiology. The students can study online courses in the 2nd year of the nursing program. In the last year of the program, the students will be relocated to any clinical site in U.S in this way the students will be able to gain a broader range of experience.
Admission Requirements at Texas Christian University
Different CRNA Nursing schools have different requirement according to the university standards. The requirement at Texas Christian University is discussed below:
- A candidate should have BS degree in Nursing. The candidates with BS degree in science subjects are also accepted which includes physics, biology, chemistry, etc.
- A candidate should have registered nurse license issued by the state of Texas.
- The one year of experience gained in critical care unit is required; the students with two years of experience are preferred for the CRNA program. The students should be actively involved in the usage of invasive hemodynamic monitors, administration of vasoactive drugs, ventilators, cardiovascular devices. The experience should be gained in the following departments of ICU:
- The experience in Emergency is only accepted if the candidate is actively involved in the usage of invasive monitoring, critical care pharmacology, and ventilators.
- The candidate should have at least 3.0 GPA or higher.
English Language Proficiency
The students should submit revised GRE results with at least 302 scores and at least 1100 score in older GRE results and the analytical section with at least 4.0 score. The GRE result should not be older than five years.
The students having a native language other than English should submit TOEFL score of 600 at least and SET with at least six scores.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Critical Care Registered Nurse.
Nursing Pre-Req at Texas Christian University
The students should have clear the following subjects with at least 3.0 GPA in every subject. If the GPA is less than 3.0 then students have to retake the exams:
- Organic Chemistry
Ranking of Texas Christian University
We stand amongst the 107 institutes securing 55th position across the U.S having a score of 2.6/5.0. The Texas Christian University CRNA program is being reviewed on a regular basis last time it was conducted in 2016, i.e., 10/2016. The Texas Christian University Nursing Program received the accreditation for the period of ten years; the next review will be made in 2026, which highlights the quality of training and standards of CRNA is well maintained and with compliance to Council of Accreditation Standards.
Passing Ratio at Texas Christian University
The proportion of students failing in CRNA program at the Texas Christian University is 3 percent as. The majority of candidates cleared the exam in the first attempt. Candidates who are unable to pass in a single attempt they did in the second while going for the third attempt are very rare. These figures are made showing the difficulty of CRNA program at the Texas Christian University. The percentage of students passing in the first attempt is 100% as per the session of 2014 with the National average of 89.9 as per the session of 2008.
The ratio of the employment of CRNA school at Texas Christian University is 100%.
School of Nursing Registered Salary at Texas Christian University
On average starting salary as a registered nurse at Texas Christian University is almost equal as compared to the other states in the U.S which range between $140000 and $170000. CRNA average salary as a registered Nurse is $163467. In rural areas the average pay is $174,214, in Metropolitan, the average pay is less which is around $164,148. In suburban areas, the registered nurses are least paid which is $156,630.
Is working allowed during CRNA program?
The job is strictly discouraged during the CRNA program. The administration does not compromise on studies on any conditions.
Is Texas Christian University a good school?
Texas Christian University, a very good school, based on the reviews given by the students.
Texas Christian University
School of Nurse Anesthesia
TCU Box 298626
Fort Worth, TX 76129
Annie Richardson Bass Building
2800 West Bowie Street
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Kay K Sanders, CRNA, DNP, Director,
Nurse Anesthetist Online Degree Program Texas Christian University
Phone: (817) 257-7887
Fax: (817) 257-5472