Out of six CRNA school in the State of Tennessee, BSN to DNP program is offered by the Union University Jackson.
A Go Through
- On successful completion of 3 years, a program will lead to the award of Doctoral degree in Nursing Practice.
- The program is only offered for the morning session.
- A program is based, on total credit hours of 99.
- The classes for the new session begin in August every year.
- The Union University Jackson application deadline is from 1st October to 1st February every year.
- The DNP program was first certified on 3rd January every year.
For Online Program:
- The online DNP program is offered for the maximum length five semesters.
- A program is based, on total credit hours of 38.
- The classes for the new session begin in Fall every year.
- The Union University Jackson application deadline is 1st March every year for the fall session in the same year. The Applications are invited until the seats are filled.
- On average the class is based on total 13 number of students.
Tuition Costs at Union University Jackson
The tuition fee is calculated each year. In most schools every year, the rate of tuition fees are increased. The total cost could increase ranging between five to fifteen percent. The Union University Jackson graduate tuition fees is different for outside the state and inside the state. The tuition rates for 2015 and 2016 are given below:
Union University Jackson in State Tuition Fee
*Covers the cost including books, stationery, and application submission fees, and other charges.
For Online Program:
Education and Training
CRNA program is designed according to the needs of modern medicine. CRNA Program is certified by Council On Accreditation of Nursing Anesthetist, and proper training is provided to the students with real exposure to professional experience. On completion of 3 years program, everyone has to go through the final exam set by the Council on Accreditation to be declared as a Certified Registered Nursing Anesthetist (CRNA).
In the 1st of the program students will attend classes at the Union University Jackson and practice their nursing skills in the specially designed human simulation laboratory and it also enables the students how to handle the patients in critical situations?.
During the clinical phase of CRNA program the students will be relocated to 18 hospitals affiliated by the Union University Jackson which include:
- Jackson, Memphis, Paris, and Bartlett located in the State of Tennessee
- Paducah located in the State of Kentucky
- West Memphis located in the State of Arkansas
- Florence located in the State of Alabama
The Union University of Jackson has a religious affiliation of Christianity, and patients are also healed through spiritual and religious healing. The use of any drugs and smoking is strongly prohibited throughout the campus. If a student is suspected of the drugs including alcohol and smoking than a student has to go through drug tested, and if a blood alcohol is more than 0.04, the first-time student is issued with the strict warning or temporary termination for a shorter period. If the same case happens then, a student will be permanently suspended from the program.
Nursing Program Admission Requirements at Union University Jackson
Different CRNA Nursing schools have different requirement according to the university standards. The requirement at Union University Jackson is discussed below:
- A candidate should have Bachelor degree in Nursing accredited by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission.
- A candidate should have or obtain the registered nurse license issued by the state of Tennessee, Kentucky, or Mississippi.
- A candidate should have one year of experience in critical care unit and should be involved in the active usage of ventilators, administration of vasoactive drugs, insertion of arterial line with central line, and interpretation of ECG graphs. The students should gain the experience in different departments including Coronary, Surgical, Cardiovascular, Medical and Postoperative ICUs. The experience acquired in other departments will be reviewed and accepted after careful consideration on the individual basis.
- A candidate should have at least 3.0 GPA in the new 60 credit hours. The admission committee will consider your GPA in science subjects which include: Statistics, Microbiology, Anatomy, Chemistry, and Physiology.
For Online Program:
- A candidate should have Bachelors degree in Nursing accredited by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission.
- A candidate should have registered nurse license issued by their respective State.
- A candidate should have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
English Language Proficiency
GRE score is no longer admission requirement at Union University Jackson. The candidates are having a native language other than English should submit TOEFL scores.
The candidates with the following certifications are preferred for the CRNA program:
- Critical Care Registered Nurse
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Ranking of Union University Jackson
We stand amongst the 107 institutes securing 100th position across the U.S having a score of 2.0/5.0. The Union University Jackson CRNA program is being reviewed on a regular basis last time it was conducted in 2012, i.e., 05/2011. The Union University Jackson received the accreditation for the period of ten years; the next review will be made in 2022, which highlights the quality of training and standards of CRNA is well maintained and with compliance to Council of Accreditation Standards.
Passing Ratio at Union University Jackson
The proportion of students failing in CRNA program at the Union University Jackson is 11 percent as per the session of 2015. The majority of candidates cleared the exam in the first attempt. Candidates who are unable to pass in a single attempt they did in the second while going for the third attempt are very rare. These figures are made showing the difficulty of CRNA program at the Union University Jackson. The percentage of students passing in the first attempt is 72% as per the session of 2015 with the National average of 89.9 as per the session of 2008.
The ratio of the employment of CRNA school Union University Jackson is 100% as per the session 2015.
Registered Nurse Salary at University of Union University Jackson
On average starting salary as a registered nurse at Union, University Jackson is slightly above as compared to the other states in the U.S which range between $150000 and $180000. CRNA average salary as a Registered Nurse is $163467. In rural areas the average pay is $174,214, in Metropolitan, the average pay is less which is around $164,148. In suburban areas, the registered nurses are least paid which is $156,630.
Is working allowed during CRNA studies?
Yes, working is allowed, but it is highly discouraged.
How many off days I can avail?
Throughout CRNA program, students can only avail a maximum of 57 days. In the 1st year, the students can avail nine holidays, Spring break of 1 week and two weeks Christmas holidays. In the 2nd year of CRNA program, the students can avail one week of Christmas holidays and eleven holidays. The students can only avail a maximum 12 days of holidays at a time.
What type of questions will be asked in CRNA program?
The students should be prepared for every kind of problem including the anesthesia-focused questions.
Union University Jackson TN
Union University School of Nursing
Nurse Anesthesia Track
1050 Union University Drive
Jackson, TN 38305
Phone: (731) 661-6545
Fax: (731) 661-5504
Nurse Anesthesia Admissions Union University Jackson