The DNP program is offered by the University of Miami in the State of Florida.
University of Miami Florida BSN Program
- On successful completion of 3 years, a program will lead to the award of Doctoral degree in the field of Nursing Practice.
- A program consists a total of 65 credit hours.
- The classes for the new session begin in January every year.
- University of Miami Florida graduate application deadline is 15th September every year.
- On average, a class will consist of 30 students.
Tuition Costs at University of Miami Florida
The tuition fee is calculated each year. In most schools every year, the rate of tuition fees are increased. Total cost could increase ranging between five to fifteen percent. University of Miami Florida graduate tuition fees is different for outside the state and inside the state. The tuition rate for the year 2015 to 2016 is given below:
The University of Miami-Florida in State Tuition Cost
The University of Miami-Florida Out of State Tuition Cost
*Covers the cost including books, stationery, and application submission fees and other charges.
Admission Requirement at University of Miami Florida
Different CRNA Nursing schools have different requirement according to the university standards. The requirement at University of Miami Florida is discussed below:
- A candidate should have Bachelor’s degree in Nursing accredited by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission.
- A candidate should have registered nurse license issued by the state of Florida.
- A candidate should have at least two years of full-time experience gained within last five years and should be involved in the active usage of Invasive monitoring, ventilators and administration of vasoactive drugs. The experience gained should be in Medical ICU, Trauma ICU, Neurosurgical ICU, Pediatric ICU, Surgical ICU, Cardiovascular ICU, and Cardiothoracic ICU. The lessons learned in the emergency room, OT and a step-down unit are not accepted.
- A candidate should have minimum 3.0 GPA.
English Language Proficiency
GRE score is not the requirement of the university and candidates having a native language other than English; TOEFL scores are required.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse
- Advance Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Pediatric Advance Life Support.
Medical School Pre-Req University of Miami Florida
A candidate should have studied a course in Statistics within last five years. To improve the chances of being enrolled candidate are suggested to retake the math and science exams with chemistry or biochemistry.
Nursing School Ranking of University of Miami Florida
We stand amongst the 107 institutes securing 72nd position across the U.S having a score of 2.4/5.0. The CRNA program is being reviewed on a regular basis last time it was conducted in 2008. The University of Miami awarded with the accreditation for the period of 10 years, i.e., up to the year 2018, which highlights the quality of training and standards of CRNA is well maintained and with compliance to Council of Accreditation Standards.
Passing Ratio of CRNA Program at University of Miami Florida
According to the session of 2015, the percentage of students for passing in the first attempt is 91 percent. The students failing the CRNA exams are 14 percent as per the session of 2015.
The ratio of the employment of CRNA school the University of Pittsburgh is 96% according to the session of 2015.
Registered Nurse Salary at University of Miami Florida
Nursing salary as a registered nurse at the University of Miami is higher as compared to the other states in the U.S which range between $150,000 and $ 170,000. CRNA average salary as a registered Nurse is $163467. In rural areas the average pay is $174,214, in Metropolitan, the average pay is less which is around $164,148. In suburban areas, the registered nurses are least paid which is $156,630. The BSN registered nurse salaries at University of Miami Florida are higher than National Average, i.e., $61, 900
University of Miami Florida Admission Statistics
The University of Miami-Florida has the acceptance rate of 40.5% as per the session of 2013.
School of Nursing University of Miami Test Score Requirement
The candidate should obtain the scores in the following test to increase your chances of being preferred:
- A SAT score in math ranging between 610 and 700.
- A SAT score in reading ranging between 590 and 690.
- A SAT score in writing ranging between 580 and 680.
- American College Test scores between 28 and 32.
Is working allowed during the CRNA studies?
Yes, working is allowed, but it is not recommended.
Is there any off day I can avail in CRNA?
Yes, there are several holidays you can avail during the first semester, from the second semester 2 weeks of sick leave can be availed. The students can also get ten days off during CRNA program while a maximum of 5 can be availed at a single time. The off days cannot be availed in July. While the complete academic calendar can be found on University of Miami Florida’s website.
What variety of anesthesia experience I will gain?
A student will practice the anesthesia administration in the departments including Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Orthopedics Surgery, Urology Surgery, General Surgery, Transplantation, Acute Obstetrics, Oncology, Plastic Surgery, Gynecology, Vascular Surgery and Neurosurgery.
How much expensive is the University of Miami Florida Medical school tuition?
The tuition rates for residents of Miami costs 40,938 $ and non-residents tuition costs $55,226.
What is the GPA requirement for the University of Miami Florida Nursing program?
The required 3.0 GPA is mandatory to get enrolled in the nursing program.
What is the annual tuition rate at the University of Miami Florida?
The tuition rates at the University of Miami Florida is 1850 $ per credit.
What is the acceptance requirement at the University of Miami Florida?
To become a successful candidate, at least 3.5 or more GPA is required with two years or more experience to great hospitals or high critical care unit is required.
Does the University of Miami Florida has emergency room?
Yes, the University of Miami Florida has its state of the art emergency room service available 24/7.
University of Miami Florida
Nurse Anesthetist Program
5030 Brunson Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33124
Contact Information, Department of Anesthesiology University of Miami Florida
Rossana Bizzio, CRNA, MS, ARNP, Associate Program Director
Phone: (305) 284-2572
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com