Nine schools are offering CRNA program in Florida out of which Master’s in Science is provided by the University of South Florida.
A Go through
- On successful completion of 2 years and three months, a course will result in the award of the degree of Masters of Science.
- Master’s degree will consist of 72 credit hours which is research based master’s degree program.
- The acceptance rate at the University of South Florida per class is thirty.
- University of South Florida application deadline is 15th October each year. The applications for the MS program are invited on April, 1st each year.The process of students enrollment begins from 15th October and lasts till 15th February until all the seats are filled.
Tuition Costs at University of South Florida
The tuition fee is calculated each year. In most schools every year, the rate of tuition fees are increased. Total cost could increase ranging between five to fifteen percent. Tuition fee at University of South Florida was calculated for the year 2014 to 2015 which is discussed below
*Covers the cost including books, stationery, examination fees, funds and other charges.
University of South Florida School of Nursing Admission Requirement
Different CRNA Nursing schools have different requirement according to the university standards. The requirement for the CRNA program at University of Florida is discussed below
- To enroll for the CRNA program at the University of South Florida, a candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree of Science specialization in Nursing.
- A registered nurse license is required which is issued by one of fifty states. The Issued license should not be restricted and free from any probations.
- A two year of experience is mandatory in acute critical care with at least one year of experience in adult care unit is required with permanent duty or daily visit in acute care. ICU Departments in which experience is accepted includes Surgical ICU, Medical ICU, Neurology ICU, Coronary ICU, and Cardiovascular ICU with the active usage of ventilators, cardiac monitors, vasoactive infusions, life-threatening pathophysiology and invasive monitors. The departments in which experience is not being considered includes emergency rooms, operation theater, gynecology (OB/GYN), and post-anesthesia unit.
- Overall 3.0 or 3.0 GPA in sciences subjects or better is required for the entry into the Nursing program at the University of Florida.
English Language Proficiency (GRE/TOEFL)
- All interested candidates have to submit GRE result cards securing at least 1000 score. At least 500 score in both quantitative section and verbal section is mandatory and in analytical writing section with a minimum four score. GRE results should not be older than five years.
- TOEFL scores are mandatory for the students having a native language other than English. A required 550 score in paper-based and for Internet-based TOEFL a required score is 213 is compulsory.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Critical Care Registered Nurse is mandatory.
Nurse Anesthetist Program Pre-Req
Following courses are compulsory with a Grade ‘B’ or better are required to secure admission in Nurse Anesthetist Program in University of South Florida
- Chemistry has three credits
- Pathophysiology has three credits
- Statistics has three credits
- Pharmacology has three credits
- Health Assessment is three credits
- Human anatomy is three credits
Ranking of University of South Florida School of Nursing
According to the report of 2011, a score which was given to University of South Florida is 2.0/5.0 securing 90th position in 107 CRNA schools in the U.S. University of South Florida CRNA program is being reviewed on a regular basis last time the CRNA program was examined in month of October in 2011 giving the accreditation for the period of 10 years up to the year 2021.
Passing Ratio for CRNA Program at University of South Florida
The proportion of students failing in CRNA program at the University of South Florida is less than one percent. The majority of candidates cleared the exam in the first attempt. Candidates who are unable to pass in a single attempt they did in the second while going for the third attempt are very rare. These figures are made showing the difficulty of CRNA program at the University of Florida. In the class of 2014, the percentage of students for the first attempt is 67% having the National average percentage in 2008 was 89.9%. The ratio of candidates failing the CRNA program at the University of Florida is around 2%.
University of South Florida Employment Ratio
The ratio of employment of CRNA program at the University of South Florida is 100 as per session of 2014.
Salary of CRNA program at University of South Florida
Average wages as a Registered Nurse ranges between $110,000 to $130,000. CRNA program salary as a Registered Nurse in the state of Florida is $163467. In rural areas the average pay is $174,214, in Metropolitan, the average pay is less which is around $164,148. In suburban areas, the registered nurses are least paid which is $156,630.
University South Florida
College of Nursing
Nurse Anesthesia Program
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
Dr. Susan M. Perry, Ph.D. CRNA
Nurse Anesthesia (CRNA), Academic Affairs
ph: (813) 974-2191