There are four CRNA colleges present in the State of Missouri. One of them is the Webster University St. Louis.
A Go Through
- On successful completion of 2 years and five months, a course will lead to the award of the degree entitled Masters in Nursing Anesthesia.
- The Program is only offered for the morning session.
- A total program is having a credit hour weighting of 91 which will be studied during entire CRNA program.
- Applications are invited in August every year.
- Webster University St. Louis application deadline is 1st October every year.
- An average class of CRNA consists of 20 numbers of students.
- The total application accepted is from 60 to 85. The number of shortlisted students called for interview ranges between 40 to 45.
Tuition Fee of Webster University St Louis
The tuition fee is calculated each year. In most schools every year, the rate of tuition fees are increased. Total cost could increase ranging between five to fifteen percent. Webster University St. Louis graduate tuition fee for the year 2014 to 2015 is discussed below
The other costs at Webster University St. Louis covers the expenses mentioned below:
- Costs of Housing during the Clinical Practice in hospitals.
- Laboratory Charges
- Stationery expenses
- It also includes thesis costs including printing and publishing, one copy of the thesis is also given to the student.
- Clinical Supplies
- Fee for certification which includes Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act every year.
- It also involves the fee for the Advance Cardiac and Pediatric Advance Life Support Certifications before the graduation.
- The cost to attend the annual conference held by the American Association of Nursing Anesthetist.
- Graduation Cost.
Education and Training
CRNA program is designed according to the needs of modern medicine. After two months your clinical experience begins in the simulation labs. In the 1st year, students will be attending the classes from Monday to Thursday and hospital for clinical experience only on Friday. In the start of the 2nd year, classes will be reduced to three days in a week while rest will be spent in hospitals. By the commencement of the third year, students will gain full experience in hospitals with only one class in a week. There are ten hospitals present in the State of Missouri out of which six are present inside St. Louis and four outside St. Louis and students have to attend the three months of clinical practice in the rural areas also. During the training phase, students receive a complete professional experience in different types of anesthesia administration with hands-on experience in state of the art equipment. Students are also relocated to gain the experience in affiliated hospitals in capitals where 80% of the students are accepted for the employment with a very positive response from the organizations.
Webster University St. Louis. Graduate Admission Requirements
Different CRNA Nursing schools have different requirement according to the university standards. The requirement for the CRNA program at Webster University St. Louis. Is discussed below:
- A candidate must have a BS degree in the field of nursing. A BS degree can be of 2 or 4 years duration, the degree obtained via accelerated program is also acceptable for a nursing program at St. Louis.
- Candidate must have a Registered Nurse license issued by the State of Missouri. Candidates applying from outside of the State they should obtain and submit the Registered Nurse license issued by the State of Missouri.
- A candidate having experience of 1 year in acute care is mandatory while the candidate with two years of experience is required. The candidate with 1.5 or more years of expertise in the adult care unit is preferred and is more suitable for the CRNA program at Webster University St. Louis.
- Candidate, at least has 3.0/4.0 CGPA with outstanding academic qualification.
English Language Proficiency
There is no requirement of GRE score to seek an admission at Webster University St. Louis.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Critical Care Registered Nurse
Webster University St. Louis. Nurse Anesthetist Program Pre-Req
There aren’t any prereq requirements of the subjects studied by the University. But to compete you must have considered any 2 of the following topics with at least grade B
- Organic chemistry
Ranking of Webster University St. Louis.
According to U.S. News report of 2011, a marking of 2.7/5.0 was given to Webster University St. Louis Nursing Program securing the 48 position out of total 107 CRNA schools in the U.S. The recent review was carried out in 2011 and a score of 5 was given with the accreditation for 8 years i.e. up to 2019 which highlights the quality of training and standards of CRNA is well maintained and with compliance to Council of Accreditation Standards.
Passing Ratio for CRNA Program
The proportion of students failing in CRNA program at Webster University St. Louis is 5.3% percent. The majority of candidates cleared the exam in the first attempt. Candidates who are unable to pass in the single attempt they did in the second while going for the third attempt are very rare. These figures are made showing the difficulty of CRNA program at the Webster University St. Louis as per the session of 2014, the percentage of students for the first attempt is 100% having the National average percent in 2008 was 89.9%.
Employment Ratio of Webster University St. Louis.
Webster University St. Louis CRNA graduate has the employment ratio of 100.
Salary of CRNA program at Webster University St. Louis.
Average wages as a Registered Nurse at Webster University St. Louis MO is almost equal to other states in the U.S which range between $150,000 to $170,000. CRNA average salary as a registered Nurse is $163467. In rural areas the average pay is $174,214, in Metropolitan, the average pay is less which is around $164,148. In suburban areas, the registered nurses are least paid which is $156,630.
Is working allowed during the CRNA course study?
No, working is not allowed during CRNA research.
What are my chances of getting enrolled in CRNA program at Webster University St. Louis.?
Students are preferred having robust and excellent educational background in science preferably in the biology which should be studied in last 5 to 6 years with two years of experience in acute care required while having 1.5 or more years of experience in adult care will be preferred
Is Webster University St. Louis a good school?
Webster University St. Louis MO is an excellent school based on the Webster University reviews about the university and overall level of study which is very well maintained with high standards of simulation labs.
Webster University St. Louis reviews are given by students, and the details mentioned above is available on university’s website.
Webster University St Louis MO Address
Webster Hall Room 215
470 E. Lockwood Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63119
Jill M Stulce, CRNA, MSN, Program Director
Phone: (314) 246-7846
Fax: (314) 968-7194
Program Admissions Contact
Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
Loretto Hall 163
Phone: (314) 246-7109