There is only one college offering CRNA program in the State of Utah.
A Go Through
- On successful completion of 2 years and four months, a course will result in the award of the degree of Masters in Nurse Anesthesia.
- Master’s degree will consist of 64 weight of credit hours which is research based master’s degree program.
- The acceptance rate at the Westminster College Utah per class is 18 every year.
- According to Statistics of 2011, 90 applicants applied for the CRNA program at Westminster College Utah.
- Application for the Master’s program is being accepted by the end of August every year.
- Westminster College Utah’s application deadline for the CRNA program is 30th September every year while the application after the time limit is accepted by space available.
Tuition Fees at Westminster College Utah
The tuition fee is calculated each year. In most schools every year, the rate of tuition fees are increased. Total cost could increase ranging between five to fifteen percent. Tuition fee at University of South Florida was calculated for the year 2014 to 2015 which is discussed below
*Covers the cost including books, stationery, examination fees, funds and other charges.
Education and Training
CRNA Program is certified by Council On Accreditation of Nursing Anesthetist, and proper training is provided to the students with real exposure to professional experience. On completion of 2 years and four months program, everyone has to go through the final exam set by the Council on Accreditation to be declared as a Certified Nursing Anesthetist (CRNA). In the first year, the students have to attend maximum classes and simulation lab including the practice on the SIMMAN simulator; the students are exposed to hospital training as well by the start of the 2nd year of their MS program.
Westminster College Utah’s Admission Requirements
Different CRNA Nursing schools have different requirement according to the university standards. The need for the CRNA program at Westminster College Utah is discussed below
- To enroll for the CRNA program at Westminster College, a candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing will be given preference while having Doctor of Dental Surgery, bachelor’s degree in arts, doctor of medicine, doctor of chiropractic, and simple with simple Bachelor’s degree can also apply.
- A registered nurse license is required which is issued by one of fifty states. The Issued license should not be restricted and free from any probations.
- A two year of experience is mandatory in critical care in the last three years shall be binding. Candidates having experience less than one year of experience in ICU can also apply, but the admission will only be granted once its is approved by the Director of Westminster College Utah. The departments in which experience is preferred includes Cardiac ICU, Medical ICU, Neurology ICU, Thoracic ICU, and Trauma. The departments in which experience is accepted includes surgical, medical, neonatal, and pediatric ICU. The departments in which experience is not being considered includes operation theater and post-anesthesia unit.
- At least 3.0 with GPA of 3.0 in sciences subjects combined or better is required for the entry into the Nursing program at the Westminster College Utah.
Nurse Anesthetist Program Pre-Req
- Biochemistry or Organic Chemistry with C grade or higher will be preferred but not mandatory.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
English Language Proficiency
- All interested candidates have to submit GRE result cards combined securing at least 1000 score. GRE results should not be older than five years.
Ranking of Westminster College Utah
According to US News report of 2011, a marking of 2.0/5.0 was given to Westminster College Utah. The recent review was carried out in 2012 and score of 5.0 and given accreditation for ten years i.e. up to 2021 which highlights the quality of training and standards of CRNA is well maintained and with compliance to Council of Accreditation Standards.
Passing Ratio for CRNA Program at Westminster College Utah
The proportion of students failing in CRNA program at the Westminster College Utah is zero percent as per the session of 2014. The majority of candidates cleared the exam in the first attempt. Candidates who are unable to explain in the single attempt they did in the second while going for the third attempt are very rare. These figures are made showing the difficulty of CRNA program at the Westminster College Utah. In the class of 2014, the percentage of students for the first attempt is 90% having the National average percentage in 2008 was 89.9%.
Westminster College Utah’s CRNA employment ratio
The rate of employment of CRNA program at Westminster College Utah is 100.
Salary of CRNA program at Westminster College Utah
Average salary as a registered Nurse is less as compared to other states which range between $130,000 to $160,000. CRNA average salary as a registered Nurse is $163467. In rural areas the average pay is $174,214, in Metropolitan, the average pay is less which is around $164,148. In suburban areas, the registered nurses are least paid which is $156,630.
In which state, we will be relocated for the hospital training?
As CRNA in the State of Utah you will be transferred to Nevada, Wyoming, California, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Illinois, Texas, Kansas, and Arizona.
Is there any Training Schedule during CRNA at Westminster College Utah?
During the first phase of training, you have to attend the classes mostly with simulator labs four days in a week. In second step when you will be relocated to hospitals for training you the time will increase to 5 days in a week with day and night duty.
Is working allowed during the CRNA studies?
Yes, working is allowed, but it should not exceed than 16 hours per week if your percentage falls below 82 percent then you have to leave your job.
What are the holidays in CRNA degree program?
On the following days, you will get off days New Year’s Day, Pioneer Day (Utah only), President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Labor Day, and Christmas Day, Martin Luther King Day
Is Westminster College Utah a good school?
Westminster College is an excellent school based on the Westminster College reviews about the college and overall level of study which is very well maintained with high standards of simulation labs.
What courses are offered by Westminster College graduate program?
Westminster College graduate program offers Master’s degree in Nurse Anesthesia.
Westminster College Utah
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
1840 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84105
Graduate Programs Coordinator
Phone: (801) 832-2159
TF: (800) 748-4753
Fax: (801) 832-3110
James Stimpson, CRNA, DNP, Program Director
Phone: (801) 832-2158